Hey Everyone!! How are you guys today? Gosh!! It feels super long since I wrote a post and every time I say that I think…has it really been that long? And truly it has not been ages as my last post was on March 3rd but!! Nevertheless, it still feels like FOREVER! So, glad to be back and posting =) I hope you all had an amazing past few days and did some cool things overall! I just got over my weekend which was a great one as I actually spent every bit of it with my boyfriend so that was awesome and today I actually am lucky enough to have the day off from work woahoo! So, with that being said guys I thought I’d give you guys a little insight to what I have been up to for these past few days and make this a fun, quick read! I promise I will be posting more later as well as I have a few things in mind that I want to share and chat with you all about =) So, buckle up! And enjoy the ride hehe
Friday March 3rd, 2017
So guys, let’s start right from the beginning of this weekend for me! Yep, I count my Fridays as the start of the weekend well because…It is technically the start, right? Once work is finished I am out of there! And totally excited to get to my weekend plans =) This past Friday I squeezed in some fitness by attending an evening hot yoga session! I was super excited to go as I was looking forward to see how my body would feel with doing the various poses after having done them the previous weekend. So! Off I went to Markham and met up with my friend where we both went to the class. Now, there was little bit of a mix up when we arrived as the door was locked and no one in sight =O we were super confused as we made sure to check that classes were available which it was but had no idea where everyone was! As we were about to leave, a group of ladies came and were also facing the same predicament as us. After a few calls were made, we were set as the instructor was simply running a bit late, no biggie! So, we all got ready and started the class. I did notice a few differences compared to the two classes we did earlier in the day the previous weekend.
- It was super dark in the studio – Yep there are lights but they actually dimmed them all very low. At first I thought, hmm well this could be nice as it maybe more relaxing but I actually found it a bit harder to concentrate with dimmed lights…Is that weird?
- My balance was horrible – Friday’s class was not good for me, my balance was totally out of whack and I have no clue why! Could it be that I had to warm up again to the moves? Could it be due to the lighting? Could it be just that my mind was racing which lead to a lack of focus?
So yep guys! I have no idea what went wrong with me on Friday’s Yoga class but I just was not getting it and was having a really hard time overall. I don’t know what it was but things were not going well and I really did not feel as though I had gotten a workout by the end of it. But! Moving on moving on, my friends Birthday had actually passed last week so I told her I would take her out for dinner on me as a birthday treat! We kept it totally simple as we did just come out from a yoga class and we were not looking too glamourous but we still had a great time catching up, talking yoga, talking life, etc. We actually ate at a small sushi restaurant across from the yoga studio which I think we would both agree that their sushi rocks! And they have very attentive waitresses =) one even helped make me a little chopstick gadget as she seen I was having a tough time haha =) what a nice lady! So after dinner we went our separate ways and got some rest at home. Once I was home I chatted with my boyfriend until my eyes just couldn’t stay open anymore…it was sleeping time ZzzzZz…
Saturday March 4th, 2017
Ah! Saturday guys =) How was your Saturday? Here is how mine went! I woke up fairly early around 7:30AM, lounged in bed for a bit checking out a few things on my phone, chat with my boyfriend a bit then got out of bed and into the shower! I was up and about early as I was getting ready for…Can you guys guess? YOGA! Yep, so although Friday’s class did not go that well I did not want that to crush my motivation so I just told myself that today will be better and let’s do it! So said, so done guys! Saturday’s yoga class was amazing, I really felt that I bounced back from a rough patch and truly enjoyed my workout which yep my body felt “alive” as the instructor says haha =) Both my friend and I agreed that we had a great workout and we were back to being our excited little yoga selves! Before I move onto the rest of my Saturday, speaking of yoga I have been debating on purchasing one of the mats that the studio uses which are the BMATs. I have been allowed to use them a couple of times over my past few sessions which I can say I do feel the difference in comparison to the mat I have. The retail price on the BMAT is $88.00 Canadian which hmm is a bit steep especially as I am still going through my trial phase but! I feel that I know I truly enjoy using that mat and I hope to make yoga a regular thing in my life. What do you guys think? Should I make the investment at this point or should I wait it out and decide at the end of my trial? If anyone does yoga that is reading this please give me some pointers! I can only assume that a better mat will make the world of difference for yoga as it really is just you, your mind, your body, and your mat! So =) let me know what you guys think!!
On to the next activity for my day! After I dropped off my friend, I headed to my boyfriend’s place which we had a sleepover this weekend! Woahoo =) I know I sound like an 8-year-old child but guys I do not stay over at his place often so when I do I think we both enjoy it a ton! Once I got there, we had lunch which was pizza and then I got all cleaned up and ready to go again for adventure number two! We kept it fairly simple and headed to one of the local malls in the area where I decided to look for some yoga apparel. I have been wearing my regular gym clothes to yoga class but felt that I do need a little variety in my workout wardrobe so! I headed to Forever 21 to find some affordable and cute workout gear.
I ended up purchasing two tights, one which was on sale and the other that was regular price. After coming home now and trying them on hmm… I am not sure how I feel but! I can say that the overall super tight tights look has never been one of my favorites so I guess maybe I need to just get use to it! After walking about for a bit we stopped into the Flight Centre (travel agency) where we picked up some documents *hint hint* we are going somewhere! Not telling where yet but I will say in April =) Our trip to the mall was simple but guys! We did treat ourselves a bit while there with something sweet! Can you guess what we had?
Ice cream!!! SO! We have this spot here in Toronto (not sure if they are located elsewhere) that does crazy ice creams, they are called Sweet Jesus =) I have been wanting to try it out for a while but most times we have dinner and desert in the mall so there is no need to really buy ice cream but Saturday was the day guys! Take a look at what we got =)
- Krusty the Clown – Vanilla ice cream, sprinkles, and cotton candy
- Bounty Killer – Chocolate, and coconut. I think it is based off the Bounty chocolate bar
- Coconut soft serve – Creamy coconut ice cream, simple & sweet
So guys, after a tiny bit of shopping and treating ourselves we decided that we should have some dinner which we decided on going to Boston Pizza! I am sure that some of you have been there =) how do you like it!? It has been a little while since I have gone but I must say I did enjoy my meal =) We had…
- Jalapeño Shrimp Tacos (Shared)
- Hot wings & Cactus Fries (My meal)
- New York Steak & Mashed Potatoes with a side of veggies (My boyfriend’s meal)
- Mediterranean Veggie Pasta (His sister’s meal)
Dinner was pretty good, food was good and the company was also good. My boyfriend and I both took a walk down memory lane back to our days in high school as his sister currently attends high school. We were telling her about all our crazy memories! Before we knew it 9:00PM came around and we were back home getting set to have a relaxing evening!
Now guys, I am going to skip out on the details of my Sunday as we stayed in all day and just relaxed! We caught up on a lot of our TV shows and also watched the WWE Fastlane event! Simple and quiet =)
Monday March 6th, 2017
We have now arrived to the current day which is Monday, happy Monday! =) As I said earlier, I am lucky to have today off which I planned on using today as my errand day since I was away from home this weekend! I knew I had a bit of tidying up to do but I also did not want to just stay indoors all day so! Where did I go guys…A mall of course! I decided to visit a different mall today which I was not in search of anything specific but just felt like browsing around! I did manage to pick up a few items which I will share with you now!
- Distressed Denim + Fishnets – Guys! I know this is a pretty big trend that has been going around for the past month or so and I wanted to get the look so bad but! I was having so much trouble finding the right kind of jeans for my body. Most of the distressed jeans I found were very stiff and had little to no stretch which I need stretch! Finally, I found a great pair at Mendocino and they also had the fishnets to go with =)
- Soap, Bubbles, Bath bombs, ACTION – =) So yep guys, you guessed it! I purchased a bit of scented soaps and bath bombs today on my trip at Lush. I got a couple of different ones but mainly ones on a more fruity and sweet note! After my trip from the mall and a bit of cleaning I actually used one which was called Dragon’s egg. IT SMELLS AMAZING =) And I totally forgot how nice it is in climb into a hot sweet smelling bath, really eases your mind for a bit…then reality is back hehe. I also purchased a lip scrub from Lush which I got the Mint Julips scent/flavor. I was in a little bit of a repair mode today so I treated myself to using those things along with a charity lotion of theirs which has left me feeling squeaky clean and yum!
- Set the mood…kinda– Lastly! I purchased a Candle and a tiny decorative bowl from Winners (similar store to Marshalls in the States) As I have started taking more photos of things in my day to day life I have felt the need to find nice ways of presenting it hence the bowl! As for the candle, it just smelt SO good which I currently have it burning *big inhale* I have always loved candles =)
So, guys! That was pretty much the exciting points to my weekend, all the in between was great as well but more relaxation and cleaning! I hope you all enjoyed reading this post and if you have any questions about anything I mentioned above please let me know =) Thanks for reading and…
Talk to you later! Until the next Lifestyleforyoureyes post